In order to maintain high standards in the Nigerian Event Planning industry, as well as providing reassurance to clients and potential clients, it is advisable for all to follow a voluntary code of conduct as listed below:
Each member of the APPOEM association shall agree to adhere to the following:
- Promote and encourage the highest level of ethics within the profession of the special events industry while maintaining the highest standards of professional conduct.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of our profession by performing consistently at or above acceptable industry standards.
- Use only legal and ethical means in all industry negotiations and activities.
- Protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and promote all practices which bring respect and credit to the profession.
- Provide truthful and accurate information with respect to the performance of duties. Use a written contract clearly stating all charges, services, products, performance expectations and other essential information.
- Honour agreements with customers, clients, suppliers and services
- Maintain industry accepted standards of safety and sanitation.
- Commit to increase professional growth and knowledge, to attend educational programs and to personally contribute expertise to meetings and journals.
- Strive to cooperate with colleagues, suppliers, employees, employers and all persons supervised, in order to provide the highest quality service at every level.
- Respond to all enquiries within 48 hours
- Respect client confidentiality
- Disclose all suppliers that you have a vested interest in
- Always pass discounts onto the client
- Never give client details to any third party unless for the sole purpose of the event being undertaken
- Respect copyright of all planners, coordinators and related suppliers
- Represent each client fairly and honestly
Abiding by the APPOEMN voluntary code of conduct will ensure that your business and the association will maintain a good reputation, resulting in recommendations from both event planners and past clients.